Board index Documents & Certification What certificates needed to export chicken product to china?

What certificates needed to export chicken product to china?

Discussion on import/export documents and certificates.

National Flag:
United States of America
Hello

I found your website very interesting but I wondered if you could help with any further information as below.

I want to start exporting chicken feet, pork products, as a trader, from UK to China mainly Hong Kong and other ports of entry.

Please can you advise what licences and documentation I need as to obtain before I can trade. Also, how and where to obtain any licences, authorisation and how long it takes to get a licence?

Do I need any other documentation with regard to the poultry/pork supplier. If they have their own export licence, is that sufficient for me to be able to trade between them and Chinese importers?

Thank you for any information

Admin Site Admin

National Flag:
China
Dear Ursula,

As the threshold to export meat to China are high, so many suppliers exported the products to Hongkong and Vietname, then smuggled it to China. China Government are now noticing this, at the time, it is hard to operate this way. And it is illegal.

To be able to export the meat products to China, the overseas suppliers need to get the following qualification:
1) registered with CNCA to get SIFA number
2) provide certificate of origin and health certificate
3) Registered as Foreign Manufacturers of Imported Foods with Inspection and Quarantine Bureau of P.R.C for the qualification to export meat to China(application form attached)
4) the buyer in China need to apply for automatic import license
5) the buyer in China need to register with Inspection and Quarantine Bureau of P.R.C for the qualification to import meat and meat products.

Attachment:
Provisions on the Administration of the Registration of Foreign Manufacturers of Imported Foods (in English)
APPLICATION FOR EXPORT OF MEAT AND MEAT PRODUCTS TO P.R.CHINA (in both Chinese and English)
Chinese meat products importer list (in Chinese)
Attachments
进口食品国外生产企业注册程序英文版.pdf
(24.95 KiB) Downloaded 55768 times
进口肉类国外生产企业注册申请表 中英.doc
(156 KiB) Downloaded 51968 times
获得认定资格的进境肉类产品进口单位名单.doc
(528.5 KiB) Downloaded 52103 times

Return to Documents & Certification