Board index Documents & Certification Certificate of Origin

Certificate of Origin

Discussion on import/export documents and certificates.

Post Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:20 am
Kim

National Flag:
Korea South
Hi Steven,

I have 2 question :
1) I would like to know if my supplier is still able to provide us the COO if the shipping document (Bill of Lading) indicate the supplier company name and our company name under the column of Shipper.
This is how it will be written : Schneider c/o Pestech Malaysia (our Malaysia address)
2) How long will it take to process this COO because we were informed by our supplier that it will take more than 1 week to have this COO issued out to us.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

Kim

Post Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:12 am
Admin Site Admin

National Flag:
China
Dear Kim,

For your question, please see my reply below
1) I would like to know if my supplier is still able to provide us the COO if the shipping document (Bill of Lading) indicate the supplier company name and our company name under the column of Shipper.
This is how it will be written : Schneider c/o Pestech Malaysia (our Malaysia address)
Re: As long as supplier do the custom clearance in China under their own company, then they can issue COO with their own company name, inspite of whatever they have put on B/L as shipper.

As far as I know, even Hongkong company can ask the shipping agent to issue certificate of origin for them, even if they didn't export product in mainland China.

2) How long will it take to process this COO because we were informed by our supplier that it will take more than 1 week to have this COO issued out to us.
Re: Normally it takes 1 to 2 business days.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

Kim

Return to Documents & Certification