Board index China Customs buy tobacco from Swede to China, the import duty and custom clearance?

buy tobacco from Swede to China, the import duty and custom clearance?

Discussion on China Customs, customs clearance and formality, import and export duty, HS code, customs supervision and control.

National Flag:
Sweden
Hello,

I'm wondering if you could help me with ordering swedish mouth tobacco, to China.
I am from Scandinavia (Finland) where it is very popular and I would like to order some here before I can go back to visit and buy some myself.

I can't find information about importing cigarette to China so any information on the subject from you would be appreciated. I would order a few dozen cans for myself so this service would be to a private individual.

Sincerely,
Teemu T.

Admin Site Admin

National Flag:
China
Hello Teemu,

According to PROVISIONS OF THE PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF CHINA ON THE LEVY OF IMPORT DUTIES ON PERSONAL LUGGAGE OF PASSENGERS AND PERSONAL POSTAL PARCELS ARRIVING IN CHINA, you should pay 50% tariff for the total purchase value.

So just use any courier service like DHL, UPS, Fedex to ship the products, I think they should take care of the custom clearance for you as well. If not and if you need custom clearance help, let us know.

Regards,

Return to China Customs